By creating an account or otherwise visiting or using the Site, you acknowledge that you have read this Policy, which we may update at any time. If we update this Policy, we will post the updated version here. Any such changes will be effective when you first access the Site after we post the changes here. If we make any material changes in the way we collect, hold, use, process or share your personal data, we will provide you with appropriate notice before such changes take effect.
Information collected from Visitors to the Site
We do not collect any personal data from visitors who are only browsing the Site unless they voluntarily submit it, such as through a form requesting information or by enrolling in a program, or by means of cookies, as described below.
To gain access to the members-only areas of the Site, members need to register and provide some personal information, including their name, email address, company name, telephone number, zip code and, optionally, job title. To register for certain paid services, members will also need to provide credit card information.
If you contact our customer service team, you will need to provide your name and email address, as well as information in any message you choose to send.
The below companies may collect personal information when you interact with the Site, including IP addresses, digital identifiers, information about your web browsing and app usage and how you interact with the Site and ads for a variety of purposes, such as personalization of offers or advertisements, analytics about how you engage with websites or ads and other commercial purposes. For more information about the collection, use and sale of your personal data and your rights, please use the below links and see the section below entitled “Your Rights”:
To manage your preferences or to opt-out of third-party advertising, visit: DAA, Digital Advertising Alliance https://www.aboutads.info/consumers/ or NAI, Network Advertising Initiative https://www.networkadvertising.org/understanding-digital-advertising.
Credit card account information
Our third party payment processing service collects your credit card information if you choose to provide it to purchase a paid service on the Site. If you choose to provide your credit card information to us directly, such as by email or telephone, we will only disclose it to the credit card company that validates the charge for processing purposes, and we will not retain such data. We encourage our members not to use email to communicate credit card information for their own personal security and privacy.
The way we use information
We use information you voluntarily provide for the purpose you intended, such as to complete your course registration, or any other transaction that you requested through one of the forms on the Site. We may use members’ names, postal addresses, phone numbers and email addresses to communicate product and service offers or important informational updates that may be of interest to you. If you contact our customer service team through the Site, we will use the information you provide only to respond to your inquiry.
We not sell, rent or, except as set forth in this Policy, disclose in any fashion our members’ personal data, including addresses, email addresses, or phone numbers. We maintain electronic records reflecting contact information for each student, and records pertaining to their course registration and completion. Such records are for internal reference only and are not shared with any third party except as set forth in this Policy.
We may share your personal data as set forth below:
- among our affiliated businesses;
- with service providers, suppliers and subcontractors for the purpose of providing the Site and the services accessible through the Site;
- with analytics and search engine providers, such as Google Analytics, that use such information to help improve and optimize the Site (to learn more about Google Analytics and how Google collects and processes data, see www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners);
- if we sell or buy any businesses or assets or merge any business or operations into or with those of another person or entity, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective counterparty in such transaction and such data may be one of the assets transferred in such transaction;
- to comply with applicable laws, regulations, subpoenas, legal process, governmental investigations, regulatory requests or inquiries, to cooperate with law enforcement, to assert or defend against legal claims, to protect our and others’ rights, property, or safety, and for the purposes of crime and fraud prevention and remediation; or
- to any other party with your consent.
We maintain presences on social media platforms and websites like Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and YouTube. Any information, communications, or materials you submit to us via a social media platform is done at your own risk without any expectation of privacy. We cannot control the actions of other users of these platforms or the actions of the platforms themselves. Your interactions with those features and platforms are governed by the privacy policies of the companies that provide them.
We maintain information in the United States of America and in accordance with the laws of the United States, which may not provide the same level of protection as the laws in your jurisdiction. By using the Site and providing us with information, you understand and agree that your information may be transferred to and stored on servers located outside your resident jurisdiction and, to the extent you are a resident of a country other than the United States, that you consent to the transfer of such data to the United States for processing by us in accordance with this Policy.
If you are located in the European Economic Area or the United Kingdom and provide personal data to us, that personal data will be transferred to the United States and processed there. In such case, such transfer will be made for the purpose of implementation of pre-contractual measures taken at your request or for the performance of contracted services on your behalf.
The Site is not intended for use by minors. We do not knowingly collect any personal data from children under the age of 13. If we learn that a child under the age of 13 has provided us with personal data, we will delete it in accordance with applicable law.
Third party websites
Users may find advertising or other content on our Site that link to the sites and services of our partners, suppliers, advertisers, sponsors, licensors and other third parties. We do not control the content or links that appear on these sites and are not responsible for the practices employed by websites linked to or from our Site. In addition, these sites or services, including their content and links, may be constantly changing. These sites and services may have their own privacy policies and customer service policies. Browsing and interaction on any other website, including websites which have a link to our Site, is subject to that website’s own terms and policies.
Visits made to other Websites from links
Although the Site includes links to and advertising for third party websites, we take no responsibility for the content or information contained on those sites. We provide these links and advertisements as a benefit and service of to our members, but we have no control over those sites. Other sites that you visit may have their own distinct privacy policies or no policy at all. They may use personal information that you may provide them differently than our policy permits. We strongly encourage you to review the privacy policies of any site before providing any personal information to them.
You have various rights with respect to our use, processing and sharing of your personal data, as described below. We make these rights available to all users, regardless of whether you reside in a jurisdiction that expressly provides for a particular right. There may be exceptions to these rights under applicable law. If you wish to exercise any of these rights, please contact us, as indicated below.
We will not deny you services, charge you a different price, provide a different level or quality of services or otherwise discriminate against you just because you exercised any of these rights; however, if you decline to provide your personal information or ask us to delete it or stop disclosing it, we may be unable to provide you with certain services.
Only you, or a person whom you authorize to act on your behalf, may make a request related to your personal data. The request must:
- provide sufficient information for us to reasonably verify you are the person about whom we collected personal data or an authorized representative of such person; and
- describe your request with sufficient detail that allows us to properly understand, evaluate, and respond to it.
We cannot respond to your request or provide you with personal data if you do not take the foregoing actions. Making a request does not require you to create an account with us. We will use personal data provided in a request only to verify your identity or authority to make the request.
- Access: You may request a copy of the personal data that we have collected, used, or shared about you, and why we collected, used or shared that personal data, including the categories of personal data collected, the specific items of personal data collected, the categories of sources from which we collected personal data, the purposes for which we use the personal data, the categories of third parties with whom we share the personal data, and the categories of information that we disclose to third parties.
- Accuracy: We aim to keep your personal data accurate, current, and complete. We encourage you to contact us to let us know if any of your personal data is not accurate or changes.
- Objecting/Deletion: You have the right to object to processing of your personal data and to ask us to block, delete or restrict your personal data, subject to certain exceptions. Once we receive your request and verify your identity, we will delete your personal data from our records and direct our service providers to delete your personal data from their records, unless an exception applies under applicable law.
- Opt-Outs. You also have the right to opt out of processing of your personal data for targeted advertising, the right to opt out of the sale of your personal data, and the right to opt out of use of your personal data for profiling in connection with decisions that produce legal or similarly significant effects.
- Portability: You have the right to request that your personal data be provided to you, or to another data controller, in a commonly used, machine-readable format.
- Complaints: If you believe that your data protection rights may have been breached, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the applicable supervisory authority.
California’s Shine the Light Law
California Civil Code Section 1798.83, known as the “Shine the Light” law, permits users who are California residents to request and obtain from businesses a list of what personal data (if any) they disclosed to third parties for direct marketing purposes in the preceding calendar year and the names and addresses of those third parties. Requests are free of charge. We do not share your personal data with third parties for their direct marketing purposes.
Retention of Data
We retain data you provide us for as long as your account with us is in existence or as long as reasonably required for the purpose for which it was provided. If you ask us to delete your account, we will do so; provided, however, that we may retain your account data if necessary to comply with legal or regulatory obligations, including for tax purposes, resolve disputes or enforce agreements.
Do Not Track
The Site does not recognize or respond to “Do Not Track” browser settings.
If you have any questions or comments about this Policy, or wish to exercise any of your rights described in this Policy, you may email us at email@example.com, or write to us at:
Project Management Academy
4 Faneuil Hall Marketplace, 3rd Floor
Boston, MA 02109
or call us toll-free at: (800) 399-3052
This document was last updated on May 24, 2022.