6 Sigma Categories
Business & Career Improvement
Lean, Six Sigma & TQM: Top Companies Document Their Success
- Categorized in: Six Sigma News
Best Practices, LLC offers a grab-and-go executive briefing on Lean & Six Sigma and process excellence. The study provides detailed examples
about how large companies have mastered Lean & Six Sigma for bottom-line results, including:
* Case studies from General Electric, Bank of America and other high
* Leading tactics for implementing Six Sigma change
* Tools for identifying improvement areas
Some of the key Six Sigma implementation tactics include:
Six Sigma Implementation Tactics
* Top companies suggested starting with Lean Sigma if the company
requires fast execution because most successful companies grow out of
Six Sigma or Lean independently.
* In some cultures, starting with a few small projects and promoting
their success may be the most effective way to demonstrate the value of
implementing Six Sigma in a formal way.
* Most companies used DMAIC (Design, Measure, Analyze, Improve, Control)
to jumpstart Six Sigma projects and build early excitement and success
because it is easier to understand and apply.
* Several companies used DFSS or DMADV when they needed to completely
redesign a broken or nonexistent process. DFSS and DMADV are ideal
when you need to design for the future state and not consider what is
* Opinions varied on the use of consultants to implement Six Sigma or
provide Six Sigma Training.
– One leading bank did not use consultants because it wanted to build
company-wide expertise, diversify the workforce with good business
people from outside banking and inculcate the company with Six Sigma
thinking. Bank of America does think its approach was more costly.
– Another financial powerhouse used consultants when it implemented Six
Sigma in JP Morgan and retail banking divisions. The company also
hired outside Six Sigma experts and found that they sometimes tried
to implement Six Sigma without first understanding the company.
Source: PR Newswire