Business & Career Improvement
6 Sigma Categories
- Six Sigma (General)
- Six Sigma Certification & Training
- Lean Six Sigma
- Six Sigma Implementation
- Six Sigma Specialized (By Industry)
- Green Belt
- Black Belt
- Master Black Belt
- DFSS (Design for Six Sigma)
- Six Sigma Jobs
- Six Sigma History
- Six Sigma News
- Six Sigma Humor
- Six Sigma Book Review
- Six Sigma Terms & Definitions
- Six Sigma Tools & Templates
- Six Sigma Videos
Job Hunt 101: How to Prepare For Interviews
Job hunting can be quite a task, especially for those who are doing it for the first time. There is a lot of pressure coming from all sides of the fence, and it is easy to crumble during the interviews. This must not happen though. It is important to be completely prepared for an interview at any time, since it is going to determine one's fate in the corporate world.
Here are effective tips on how to prepare for a job interview.
1. Do your research. - Although there are job advertisements that are clear about the duties involved in the specific position being applied for, it is best that one takes the time to learn about the company and the position they are hiring for. There are certain tasks that are universal for a specific position, but there might be specifics across varied companies. Knowing more about the company gives a good idea of what the position entails and how you can convince them that you are the right person for the job.
2. Create an appealing resume. - In some cases, people make resumes based on samples of other people's resumes or the ones found online. Although this is not illegal, this is not recommended if one intends to get the job. It is okay to pattern one's resume according to samples, but there should be something unique to capture the attention of the employer.
3. Think about the possible questions and come up with good answers that don’t seem overly rehearsed. - Interviews can be nerve-wracking especially when it comes to answering the questions. One way to keep the poise and be confident in doing so is by answers ready for the anticipated questions that employers tend to ask. Examples include why the applicant is applying for the job and why the employer should hire the said applicant. Just be careful that they do not seem overly rehearsed and that you are confidant in your delivery.
4. Dress appropriately. - How one looks definitely says something about their capacity to perform at work. It is also a determinant of one's sense of professionalism, which is something employers think highly of. One should dress to appear smart and professional during the interview. This will create a good first impression which will only add to your overall hireability.
5. Plan for the day. - It is important for one to think about how to get to the place of the interview on time and estimate the time it takes to get there. Being late is a major mistake. It is good to be a couple of minutes earlier than the scheduled time, but one should not be too early as well. Punctuality shows that you are responsible and really want the job.
6. Appear to impress. – Try to make a good impression overall when appearing for the interview. It is not just about the answers given or the way one dresses. The final decision to hire a specific applicant takes into consideration one's overall possible value to the company. Hence, paint yourself in the best light possible for the employers to recognize that you are the right candidate for the position. To make the best impression on the employer, one should bring around a good amount of confidence; but no too much. Being boastful is different though, and one should realize that. After all, one cannot know everything about a particular subject. Having enough trust in one's capacity to learn what is necessary is a great asset for an applicant.
With these preparation tips, any job applicant is bound to ace any interviews that might come around. These do not assure getting the job 100 %, but they can make the goal more possible to claim.
- The Importance of Employee Development Programs
- Choosing the Right Quality Improvement Strategy
- A Few Ways to Master Business Change Management
- The Importance And ROI Of Employee Training And Development
- Employee Training and Development in Today’s Business World
- Training Programs for Quality Control
- Maximizing Employee Training
- How To Retain Employees With Employee Development
- Employee Training
- It’s Important to Hire and Fire on Time